Your kitchen counter may already be crowded with different appliances, and to make things worse the last thing you want is two more electronics. What if, though the two electronics most used were fused into one? For those of you who would want to have a hassle-free and easy cooking experience, a toaster oven is great.
There’s a special toaster oven for every reason. For those with a small budget, a larger size, or a mini oven, you will find one specialized for baking, the best one. Call it yourself! You just need to learn what you need from a computer like that and soon you’ll be busy baking in the kitchen and preparing your loved ones with scrumptious treats.
On the market, the broad range of toaster ovens will leave one confused and in need of guidance. So we’re here to help.
Here are our top picks for the best toaster ovens
Breville BOV845BKS Smart Oven Pro Convection Countertop Oven
The smart pro countertop toaster BREVILLE BOV845BKSUSC comes from one of the most prestigious brands in the world of kitchen electronics. Coupled with its outstanding working skills, it’s elegant and fashionable nature makes it the strongest of a number of items on the market overall.
- Depending on the configuration you have selected, it adapts the settings to the correct temperatures and time.
- The inner oven lights help you to cook the food through the lights (properly).
- It has 10 pre-set cooking settings that strip out all the cooking guesswork.
- It has a slow cooking feature that switches on automatically to keep your food warm once the slow cooking period is over.
- It has an impressive style and a sleek framework.
- For others, it can be fairly costly.
- The convection ventilator is a little bit noisy.
Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven Convection Toaster Oven
If you are in search of a prestigious brand’s best convection toaster oven, then your next best friend is the BREVILLE 8OV800XL. In order to back up the excellent functionality of this piece, it features an extremely sophisticated and elegant design.
- The featured element Q provides the correct power when modified according to needs at the correct time.
- A total of nine functions are available to choose from, such as toast, bagel, bake, roast, broil, pizza, cookies, reheat, and warm.
- The system is well-lit and simple to read. When the product is being baked for greater clarity, the LCD switches from blue to orange.
- A one-year warranty comes with it.
- 1800 W and 5 Quartz elements are driven by it.
- It’s a little costly.
- It’s got no clock.
Cuisinart TOB-195 Exact Heat Toaster Oven
Not everyone is on the lookout for a massive toaster oven. A lot of individuals tend to have a small toaster oven. It gets the job done while saving space. For several reasons, including its versatility and design, the Cuisinart TOB-195 is the best small toaster oven on the market.
- It can be used to roast, broil, reheat, defrost, bagel, etc. for a number of functions.
- It has an interior that is easy to clean, which makes the cleaning time efficient.
- To give you more control about how to operate this item, it features an electronic touchpad, clocks and timers.
- It is lightweight and helps conserve space for you.
- The shade control setting features a heat sensor that during the cooking process maintains a precise temperature.
- The door’s metal lip heats up so much and can burn your palm.
- There is a need to reach the crumb tray from the back.
Oster French Convection Countertop and Toaster Oven
When you decide to invest in one the size of the oven you want needs to matter a lot. This one by Oster French is really a magical product for those of you who have been looking to invest in a big toaster oven. It is highly functional and, considering its considerable scale, is sleek and elegant.
- As opening a single door with one hand would also open the other door, you do not need to open both doors.
- The storage capacity of this unit is amazing and can hold two 16-inch pizzas.
- Digital controls have very accurate readings of temperature and cooking time; there is room for any mistakes.
- It houses two racks that provide maximum flexibility for cooking.
- The 90-minute timer comes with a signal which automatically switches off the oven.
- To click, the buttons need a little more pressure.
- If not treated carefully, one can burn out of the oven door.
BLACK+DECKER 4-Slice Toaster Oven
Not everybody can use a toaster oven to spend hundreds of dollars. That’s why the Black + Decker 4-slice toaster oven with natural convection is the way to go for those of you who are on a tight budget and want to make the most of it! With this unit, you get a highly usable device, and at a great price point, too.
- It features natural convection technology that allows hot air to be circulated for even and quicker results in the oven.
- It features (in particular) 4 settings: roast, broil, toast, and keep warm.
- With the oven which fits perfectly into it a bake pan and rack are included.
- To fit 4 bread slices or a nine-inch pie, this unit is spacious enough.
- For accurate cooking, it comes with a 30-minute timer that stays on.
- The rack is expected to be slightly higher.
- A very limited timing range.
Calphalon Quartz Heat Countertop Toaster Oven
This product could be a great choice to opt for if you don’t want an assortment of electronics on your countertop. The CALPHAON Quartz Heat Countertop Toaster Oven makes it possible for a single electronic item to have a great variety.
- It comes with various accessories, including a baking pan, a pizza pan, a dehydrator rack, and a wire rack.
- To fit a 12-inch pizza, it is roomy enough.
- The high contrast LED provides all the features with great control.
- It has 11 preset cooking features, including baking, pizza, broiling, roasting, defrosting, etc.
- The heating feature of the Quartz provides 40 percent higher heat and allows for quicker preheating.
- Navigating the controls can be tricky.
- There’s a short cord.
Cuisinart TOB-260N1 Chef’s Convection Toaster Oven
Cuisinart is an excellent company with some of the finest items on the market. All of their units are special, but we have a special spot on this list with the Cuisinart TOB-260N1. This unit is highly functional and looks fantastic.
- A 13 inch pizza or a 9 by 13 baking pan can accommodate this unit.
- It features 15 different functions for cooking.
- It has big blue backlit digital controls and LED buttons.
- The rack is incredibly comfortable and slides out automatically.
- To allow even, seamless cooking, it contains an even toast shade.
- The labels rub off easily on the button.
- The exterior of the door gets slightly hot.
Panasonic FlashXpress Compact Toaster Oven
Panasonic is a company that has been around for centuries and has gained the trust of many individuals globally to provide electronics of the highest standard. The FlashXpress Panasonic NBG110P toaster oven is the best toaster oven on the market.
- In order to allow the even distribution of heat, high-efficiency quartz and ceramic infrared heating elements are located in the front and back.
- It gives very precise control of the temperature.
- The see-through glass is incredibly durable and helps you to safely take the rack out.
- It is trendy and elegant.
- Simple to use.
- It can’t cook for more than 25 minutes.
- The included toaster pan is not the highest quality and would need lining.
KitchenAid KCO211BM Digital Countertop Toaster Oven
If you’re looking for a digital toaster, then a great choice is the KitchenAid KCO211BM digital countertop toaster oven. This device features a stunning design and works extremely well to boost your experience of cooking.
- It has 9 cooking settings with presets. These include baking, broiling, toasting, etc.
- The non-stick interior makes it possible to clean this device quickly.
- It is easy to read the digital show.
- Simple to use.
- Excellent exterior and architecture.
- It’s a pain to change time settings mid-way.
- Not the roomiest machine.
Nostalgia RTOV220RETRORED Retro 12-Slice Convection Toaster Oven
It is a tricky job to bake a pizza. It is important to have the right instrument to achieve the best possible pizza that everybody enjoys. Your best bet when it comes to such an issue is the Nostalgia RTOV222RETRORED 12-slice convection toaster oven.
- It has a volume of 0.7 cubic feet.
- It features four settings for heating.
- This machine has a timer for 60 minutes.
- There is an adjustable temperature.
- The clear glass allows for a clearer view of the food.
- It is hard to take out the shelves.
- The numbers are not high enough to be visible clearly.
Toaster Oven Buying Guide
For a while, Toaster Ovens have been around, with plenty of new versions launched over the years. In any kitchen, it is a very handy appliance to have. Toaster Ovens are comfortable appliances for such quick-cooking, whether you love crisp slices of toast for breakfast, or pizza for snacks, or even roast chicken. High-end toaster oven models also feature a convection setting that saves time and energy by cooking dishes more quickly. It can be a bit tiring to find the right one for your kitchen, with a wide range of types, sizes, and unique functions available. Before buying a Toaster Oven, our guide will assist you with everything you need to remember.
Benefits of Toaster Ovens
Uses less electricity
The smaller the size of a toaster oven, the less it takes to get preheated to an optimum temperature for energy and time. When compared to larger wall ovens, this makes them an eco-friendly option.
The Best Oven Alternative
A Toaster Oven will fill the void if you live in a tiny apartment and you don’t have enough room to fit an oven. These appliances are lightweight and like a standard oven, can perform almost all the main tasks.
Factors to Consider before Buying a Toaster Oven
Toaster Ovens usually come with a baking rack and crumb pan, while higher-end versions also include accessories such as upscale pizza stones, baking pans, and trays for broilers. Bear in mind that most of your standard-sized cooking gear will not work in a toaster oven, and it will be very handy to have a selection of custom accessories.
When the food inside is cooked or heated, the automatic shut off feature enables the appliance to shut down. It automatically shuts off when a scheduled cooking period is done or when time runs out. If you are not available to remove it immediately, this prevents the food from burning.
Check the definition for the temperature settings that your model has open. If the food you want to make needs a temperature level in your Toaster Oven that is not reached by the model you buy, you will regret your purchase.
Many customers are shocked to learn that in a Toaster Oven you can reheat leftovers and your food won’t lose its “crunch”. Compared to a microwave, the reheating method in a Toaster Oven takes longer but has better results. However, relative to microwave reheat settings, Toaster Oven reheats settings are distinct.
Certain preset settings can come with several Toaster Ovens. Not only can these add warmth, but they also give you an idea of what kind of cooking each model will offer.
Timers and Alerts
Go for models that have an integrated timer with warning sounds that when the food is ready, will send off a signal. This does not require you, while it is being prepared, to manually control the food.
How to Find A Good Toaster Oven?
When shopping for a kitchen appliance, the first thing most individuals notice is the price. We know you’re going to have a budget, so we always take value for money into consideration.
But affordability, of course, means very little if the appliance does not work well, so we have judged toasters based on cooking efficiency and ease of use as well as ease of cleaning and maintenance.
For a toaster oven, our general benchmark for cooking efficiency is based on the most common use: toasting bread. We still remember, however, how other foods, including bagels, muffins, and pizzas, are treated by a toaster oven.
In addition, we pay careful attention to the size and feature set of each unit, as it is crucial to ensure that your toaster oven suits your space as well as your intended use.
Here is a list of the most significant features to consider when selecting a toaster oven:
Toaster ovens range from as low as $30 to as high as $1,000 in terms of price. Usually, different price sectors provide various feature sets.
There’s no need to pay for more advanced features if you’re only looking for something easy to help with breakfast. However, all kinds of fancy cooking modes appear to be offered by pricier toaster ovens with convection settings. Such models may also act as alternatives to a full-size furnace.
A high-end toaster oven might be worth the investment if you are especially interested in a stylish design, lots of power, and greater energy efficiency.
2. Capacity and Size
Its energy consumption and food power are likely to determine the size of your toaster oven. As such, it makes sense to think about how much food you would like to be able to fit in the oven before selecting a toaster oven, as well as how much counter space you can spare.
The ability of a toaster oven and how much it could hold of two traditional toaster meals: toast pieces and frozen pizzas of 9 inches.
A smaller device may be a smart option for those who wish to use the oven for one- or two-person meals, reheating, or other basic tasks, such as baking a few cookies.
But you would need to invest in a larger unit if you’re going to cook for relatives, friends, or customers: the kind that can accommodate a 13-inch pizza.
3. Useful Accessories
A crumb tray, oven rack, and baking pan are included in most toaster oven models. Toaster ovens may also provide a lot more, however, and the number of additional accessories can depend on how much you’re willing to spend. Multiple racks and extra baking pans are part of certain deluxe convection ovens.
It’s also worth bearing in mind that to remove the bits of food that get stuck to them when cooking, any removable parts would need daily cleaning. Look for a unit with trays and racks that you can easily remove to simplify this operation.
4. Cooking Features
Each oven allows you to choose from a number of different modes of cooking, each designed for a particular cooking job. Toasting (of course), broiling, frying, and reheating are the main cooking methods.
Additional features, such as food-specific settings that take the guesswork out of cooking items like a bagel, muffin, or pizza, are included in some advanced versions.
Convection, which is typically only found in higher-end units, is one feature that can make a large difference in cooking efficiency. In the toaster oven, convection uses a fan and exhaust device to pump hot air, which makes cooking easier, more even. It’s not a required feature for everybody but particularly if you like to bake, it’s definitely nice to have.
Are Toaster Ovens Safe?
When we use our ovens, it is normal for many of us to think about health problems. The two most common issues related to the risks of fire and the consequences of coating with Teflon.
By using heating elements, toaster ovens work. They can start a fire if crumbs get clogged up at the bottom of the oven for too long and get hot enough where the heating elements are working.
However, the crumb tray is removable on most modern toaster ovens as long as you remove the tray and clean it after every use the risk of your oven catching fire is small.
There are also concerns that toaster furnaces covered with non-stick material, also known as Teflon, called polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), are detrimental to our health and associated with bird deaths.
In fact, all Teflon products have been free of PFOA, the chemical that gives it a bad reputation, since 2013. The health risks of non-stick cookware are, therefore, no longer a legitimate concern.
What if the toaster oven you own was made prior to 2013? There’s a possibility it’s PFOA covered, and only by consulting with the manufacturer or retailer can you tell. If this dangerous chemical does actually contain it, we strongly recommend that you stop using it.
All in all, countertop toaster ovens are usually safe for your health, except for the common danger of burns or fire hazards occurring when the ovens get really hot.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will someone teaches me in a toaster oven how to reheat pizza?
It is easy to reheat the pizza in a toaster oven. First off, at 450°F, preheat the baking tray lined with foil. Your day-old pizza will taste almost exactly as new: hot, crispy, and puffy. Put your pizza on it and bake it for 10 minutes once it’s warmed. Enjoy, at last!
2. Will a toaster oven need to be preheated?
Before the food is put on the preheating process is mostly used to heat up the air inside the oven to a proper temperature. It will take 5-15 minutes for the appliance to get hot, depending on your oven’s size and what you’re going to cook.
Preheating the oven helps the food you make to start cooking straight away at the right temperature. Usually, this produces tastier, more appetizing food, and it is important to get consistent results when baking. This is the primary reason why it is not a must to preheat a toaster oven beforehand (except when you are baking), as it can heat up so fast, but it is convenient and usually recommended to do so.
3. What is the difference between a microwave and a toaster oven?
By using heating elements to warm up the inside air, toaster ovens perform a fast toasting/baking/roasting/reheating function, enabling the food to be cooked evenly and thoroughly.
Microwaves operate by using electromagnetic waves to heat molecules in water. It heats all at once, a big explanation of why it typically completes the jobs quicker than the counterpart, compared to the toaster ovens that cook food from the outside.
Although reheating leftovers and defrosting frozen foods are only suitable for microwave ovens, toaster ovens can handle almost cooking tasks well such as reheating pizzas, baking fast cookies, broiling steak, and browning/toasting bread.
4. If I have a toaster oven, do I need a microwave?
It depends on the purposes of your cooking. There is no need to purchase a toaster oven if you just want anything to reheat food and defrost frozen meat/veggies. As a decent microwave, these tasks can only be performed very well.
On the other side, if you intend to bake and toast regularly, we encourage you to invest without hesitation in a convection toaster oven. Apart from baking and toasting, broiling, grilling, warming, and roasting are also fantastic.
Toaster Ovens are useful appliances that can easily fix you a quick breakfast or a snack. Consider the available room in your kitchen before purchasing one and determine the features that will be helpful in your daily cooking and meal planning before making a final decision. Given the choices on the market, if you feel confused, take a look at our featured section above for some of the suggested models.